Monday, April 1, 2013

How much water do you use?


Experiment:

Over the course of the following week I decided to conduct a face-to-face survey with both ESF and SU students. The only question I asked was, “how much water do you use in a day”? I thought that this would broaden our horizons by collecting data from a different group of people besides the #nifkin twitter group.

Results:

After gathering data, I decided to group the results by different sections. As seen on the pie chart, I grouped each person’s answer in five different sections, < 30 gallons, 30-50 gallons, 50-80 gallons, 80+ gallons and with the response “I don’t know”. A majority of the students that responded to my question answered with “I don’t know”.



 


Conclusion:

The results of this experiment can be deemed inconclusive since each of these responses was most likely an educated guess even though a majority had no idea. This goes to show that most people really don’t keep track of how much water they are truly using in a day. Fresh water is a finite resource that can soon run out if we don’t manage the amount of water we use in a day. How can we keep track of the amount of water we use daily? Should there be a limit? How can we sustainably use water?

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous.Great post!Thank you for sharing.Keep it up!!!

    - bod removal

    ReplyDelete